Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
- Not of your own doing, your own self-righteousness cannot save your eternal soul, all that will come from it is that you’ll convert into a white sepulchre – look good on the outside, but remain rotten on the inside.
Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
- This is exactly the problem with mainline, institutionalised Christianity so-called today:
- They are ignorant of God’s (imputed) righteousness;
- so they go about establishing their own righteousness (through the changing of their questionable lifestyles, they start repenting/confessing their sin, being water baptised, give up smoking/drinking/drugs/fill in the blank space
- They do not submit themselves to the Gospel of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) through faith alone.
- The same can be said for those who add Romans 10:9 to the Gospel for their salvation which shows rank unbelief (have to do something in order to assist God in the salvation transaction. “Christ’s finished work on Calvary’s Cross for one’s sins and His resurrection isn’t sufficient to save me, I have to confess He is the Son of God, Lord of my life, my Saviour”. Like one would expect that the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ couldn’t save your soul, so you have to confess to everyone else (like it matters?) that He is the Son God and Lord.
- So if you’re unable to talk, you’re in serious trouble. So much for grace, mercy and peace….
Buffoonery at it’s terrible best. Just like all heresies, the “do something in order to be saved” brigade haven’t thought their ridiculous doctrine through to ensure it makes an iota of logical sense.