2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
- WHICH MEANS EVERYTHING THAT POPULATED THE EARTH (MAN AND THE BEAST CREATION, AS WELL AS PLANTS), AND EVERYTHING THAT POPULATED THE HEAVENS, I.E., THE STARS, MOON AND THE SUN HAD BEEN CREATED IN THE SPACE OF SIX LITERAL DAYS, AND THIS PASSAGE ALONE REFUTES THE “APE TO MAN” THEORY TOO.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
- SANCTIFIED IT – SET IT APART AS A DAY OF REST.
4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
- THIS VERSE REFUTES THE BIG BANG THEORY AS WELL AS THE GAP THEORY.
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
- HOW MAN WAS CREATED.
8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
- TWO TREES, NAMELY THE TREE OF LIFE IN THE CENTRE OF THE GARDEN, AND THEN THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
- ETHIOPIA IS MENTIONED AS EARLY AS GENESIS 2.
14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
- TO MAINTAIN IT AND MAKE IT LOOK GOOD.
16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
- THE COMMANDMENT GOD GAVE TO ADAM & EVE TO OBEY. THEY COULD EAT OF ALL THE TREES IN THE GARDEN EXCEPT THIS ONE.
18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
- HOW GOD CREATED THE BEASTS AND THE BIRDS AND ADAM NAMED ALL OF THEM. I THINK THAT’S REALLY COOL.
20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
- INTERESTING FACT ABOUT WHY GOD CHOSE ONE OF ADAM’S RIBS TO FORM WOMAN – IT’S THE ONLY BONE ONE CAN REMOVE FROM THE HUMAN BODY WITHOUT DEFORMING IT OR CRIPPLING IT.
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
- BONE OF MY BONES, AND FLESH OF MY FLESH, SHE WAS TAKEN OUT OF MAN, SHE WASN’T CREATED OR FORMED FROM DUST LIKE ADAM AND THE BEASTS.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
- ONE FLESH – FLESH OF MY FLESH, BONE OF MY BONES. THIS VERSE INDIRECTLY REFUTES HOMOSEXUALITY AS WELL. TWO MEN CANNOT POSSIBLY BE “BONE OF MY BONES AND FLESH OF MY FLESH OR ONE FLESH”.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
- THEY WERE INNOCENT.