Will God Forgive My Terrible Sins?
Sin is disobedience to God’s commandments, either by doing what is forbidden or failing to do what is required. The good news is that, no matter how serious the sin, God is always seeking us out and is willing to forgive and forget our sins and give us a fresh start. As long as we live, it is never too late to ask for forgiveness and make a new start! However, two things are required as conditions of forgiveness: sincere repentance (turning away from sin) and forgiveness of other people who may sin against us.
- Nothing is required for salvation other than belief in Christ’s payment for your sin debt. There are no conditions attached to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 for one’s salvation. The Apostle Paul uses the words “are saved”, not “will be saved”.
- The Apostle Paul says in Titus 3:5 that we are saved by faith (belief in the Gospel of Christ, i.e., His finished work on Calvary’s cross and His resurrection), not by works of righteousness which we have done like turning away from sin and forgiving others.
- Logic, common sense and Biblical-dispensational truth dictate that if Christ died on the cross for your sins – why do you still have to turn away from them? Romans 4:6; Philippians 3:9
- In this current dispensation the condition of forgiving others in order for our sins to be forgiven isn’t in effect today, it’s doctrine to Israel during the Tribulation period. Nowhere in Paul’s epistles does he state that it is required to forgive others in order for our own sins to be forgiven, why? Because salvation is only by faith alone in Christ’s finished work on the cross and His resurrection – with absolutely no addendums or attachments whatsoever.
- Denominationalists add conditions to salvation because they do not know what the Gospel is which saves their eternal souls, besides, they are ignorant of Right Division (2 Timothy 2:15) and put themselves squarely in doctrine meant for times past (Genesis to John), or doctrine meant for times to come (Hebrews to Revelation).
- ALL religions are performance based belief systems – Islam, Hinduism, New Age theology, Buddhism, not to mention mainline, denominational, Institutionalised Christianity which also falls under the banner of RELIGION – you name them, they all hold to a performance based gospel, which means “good news”
- But in reality, how good is their good news because it is actually bondage, i.e., they are slogging and slaving away in order to gain God’s acceptance and favour. Sinners trapped in a fleshly body with a corrupt mind – try fixing that by yourself, with your own good works – it’s pointless, it cannot be done.
- Pauline Christianity, namely Mid-Acts Dispensationalism is the only belief system that isn’t a religion, it’s a FAITH, otherwise known as the Faith of Christ, which doesn’t believe or propagate a performance based gospel. It is Paul’s grace gospel, the gospel he calls “my gospel”, the gospel to the Uncircumcision which is different to Israel’s Kingdom Gospel, the gospel to the Circumcision (Galatians 2:7-9)