Interesting how one realises why a certain group of people who perceive themselves as sound fundamental Mid-Acts 9 Dispensationalists, believe what what they do, and who has influenced their beliefs.
Some info relating to Bullinger:
- The late Ethelbert William Bullinger was an ordained Anglican clergyman.
- Although he could see the clear errors in the Church of England’s covenant theology, he never separated from them.
- He believed the earth was flat and was a member of the *Zetetic Society.
- He held to the Weslyan/Protestant/Reformed view of **common grace.
- He believed in soul sleep.
- Bullinger was not clear on the ***final state of the lost, hence many of his followers are annihilationists.
- The beliefs of the the Plymouth Brethren influenced some of his writings.
- Bullinger held that the body of Christ began after the end of Acts, which was not revealed until Paul’s prison epistles, (which is Acts 28 theology).
*The modern flat earth society has its roots in the Zetetic society which holds to pseudo-science.
**”Common Grace” is the Wesleyan-Reformed term otherwise known as “Universal Forgiveness” amongst Bullingerites, which is not the same as “Universalism”, which is also known as ” Universal Forgiveness”, where all are universally saved. Bullingerism subtracts reconciliation from justification with one verse taken out of context: 2 Corinthians 5:19.
***Bullingerites are not very willing to discuss eternal damnation and hell, judgment, God’s wrath nor sin for that matter…