The benefits of being in Christ:
1. One is complete in Him, meaning, there is no further work which can be done, or which one can do with regards to one’s salvation, Christ did it all.
2. One is circumcised with the circumcision made without hands.
3. One is buried with Him in baptism.
4. One is risen with Him.
5. One is quickened together with Him, having all of one’s sins forgiven. The opposite of being quickened, is being dead (in one’s sins).
6. The law that was against us has been blotted out, nailed to his cross. (Eat not, drink not, touch not).
7. Christ’s finished work spoiled Satan and his kingdom of devils and their plan of evil, triumphing over them.
“And ye are complete IN HIM which is the head of all principality and power: IN WHOM ALSO ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.”
~ Colossians 2:10-15